Bus Routes around Schladming
There are lots of walks in and around Schladming using the buses and lifts. The local Wanderbus goes to a number of places and other places can be reached by the buses.
Kompass map 293 covers the area.
Local area – Schladming & Planai
Dachstein & Ramsau
Side valleys near Schladming
East of Schladming
Bodensee & Haus
The Planai lift is on the east side of Schladming. There is mid station stop or stay on and go to the summit. Take the Planai lift to the summit and:
- Walk down via the mid station to the valley station.
- Walk west and then north to the valley station.
- Walk south-west down path 54, and then to Planai valley station.
- Walk north-east down paths 51, 50, 100, and then back to Planai valley station.
- Walk north-east, north, west via the Planai middle station, then west to the river, north to Schladming.
There are a number of short walks around Schladming, along the river and the entrances of the side valleys.
- Walk around and explore Schladming.
- Walk to Planai lift then north over river, then east, south to river, back along river to Schladming.
Dachstein & Ramsau
- Take the Ramsau bus to Dachstein:
- Walk back from Dachstein via Ramsau to Schladming.
- Walk back from Dachstein via Ramsau then take the bus back to Schladming.
- Go up the Dachstein lift, lunch, down lift then take the bus back to Ramsau, walk back to Schladming.
- Walk west to Dachsteinsüdwandhütte then back to Ramsau. Then take the bus back to Schladming.
Take the Ramsau bus to Ramsau:
- Walk south-west then west back to Schladming.
- Walk south then east back to Schladming.
Take the Wanderbus to the end of Obertal (Eschachalm):
- Walk to Duisitzkarsee. Bus in Wanderbus.
- Walk to Neualm, Duisitzkarsee. Back in Wanderbus.
- Walk to Neualm, Keinprecthütte. Back in Wanderbus.
- Take the bus or Wanderbus to the top of Hochwurzen, or the valley station of the Hochwurzen lift Walk down east side of Hochwurzen to valley station, down to river, back to Schladming.
- Take the lift to the summit. Walk down west side of Hochwurzen down to river, back to Schladming.
- Take the bus down Untertal to Sildwasser. Walk along gourge to Riesachsee, lunch, walk back along the road to Sildwasser and catch the bus back to Schladming.
- Walk from Schladming south along the east side of Untertal. Down to Gasthof Tetter. Lunch. Walk back along road then the gorge to Schladming.
- Take the Wanderbus to Ursprungalm, walk to Giglachsee, along via Obergiglachsee and around Untergiglachsee. Back to Schladming in the Wanderbus.
- Take the Wanderbus to Bodensee. Walk up to Hüttersee and return, or carry on the 2nd or 3rd lake and then return. Back to Schladming in the Wanderbus.
Take the Bodensee Wanderbus and ask driver to stop at Haus
- Take the Haus lift to the summit, walk down path 42, then along to the Planai valley station
- Take the Haus lift to the summit, walk down north-west to Schladming.
All Rights Reserved